Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 8, 2009 - Another self portrait

0.6 secf5.6ISO 20018mmRAW

I almost didn't get a photo today. Back on Labor Day, I fixed a broken pipe under the sink. After dinner tonight, I checked to see if there was any water under the sink.

Sure enough, there was.

So while I was digging around under the sink trying to figure out where the water was coming from, I remembered I still hadn't gotten a photo yet. So I pulled out my tripod, set the camera on it, and adjusted it to where the camera was at head level. This way the photo would have the same perspective as if you had walked in the kitchen and found me there.

I also set the camera on f5.6 to make sure everything was in focus and put it on the widest zoom possible. I adjusted the white balance to match the light bulbs in the kitchen. Finally, I put it on the 10-second timer so I would have enough time to get under the sink before the picture was snapped.

I wish I had a wider lens for a shot like this. It would have helped. I think the perspective could have been better if it had included more of the kitchen.

What do you think? Did I do a good job?

3 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Love this shot. It has the kind of candid feel that I like to capture. I think you did a great job.

Brian Humecky said...

hi Chris,

your photo is a little green.
but other than that it's sure nice use of picture of self

Chris said...

hmmm . . . a little green? It shouldn't be. I used the white point dropper in Photoshop Elements and clicked on the white spray can lid in the foreground. I'll pump a little violet into the image and tell you what happens.