Wednesday, October 7, 2009

September 26, 2009 - Beautiful day in Buckhead

1/1000f7.1ISO 20030mmRAW

Well, I have finally done it. I missed a day. I was going to try to sneak this past you, but then thought surely someone would catch that the metadata for the image clearly showed it was taken on Sept. 25th and not the 26th and I would have a huge Internet scandal on my hands that make my life a living nightmare.

But then I thought, why not admit it? I'm not perfect, just like David Letterman isn't perfect, and if he can admit his shortcomings on national TV then I can surely admit mine to the world.

Whew. That feels so much better.

On to the picture. The cloud cover was just gorgeous today (oops, I mean yesterday), so I got a good shot of the office building and condominium you can see from the 15th floor deck at my office. And because my floor is roughly halfway up the height of these two buildings, I don't get any perspective distortion.

Based on the image data, it looks like I had the camera in 'P' mode, which means the camera made most of the decisions for me (which is generally fine for a photo like this). My only post-production thought was if I should take out the tower crane or not that is protruding on the right side of the image. Since I am so far behind in making my daily posts, I decided not to.

What do you think, should I have?

1 comment:

Shawn R said...

I didn't even notice the crane in the shot until you pointed it out. This is a beautiful picture, though... thank you for sharing it!