Sunday, October 4, 2009

September 25, 2009 - Tannah and Spot

1/400f2.5ISO 160050mmRAW

Tannah had the privilege of bringing home the class pet for the weekend. She had so much fun with Spot today that I just had to get a photo of the two of them together.

Just like many of my other black and white photos, I had her sit down by the large living room window and used the natural ambient lighting to illuminate her. I used the higher ISO setting to create some graininess in the photo, and the wide f2.5 aperture to blur out the background.

I don't have any regrets with this photo. I had taken about a dozen different ones with her and Spot, and this was the best. I think it does a great job of capturing her happiness and contentment. What do you guys think?

5 comments:

jo said...

Just look at those eyes! Beautiful capture!

Chris said...

Thank you, Jo. I love them too! As soon as I saw this I knew it was going to be one of my all-time favorite photos!

Chris

Ericka said...

Hey Chris, this is a great picture. I have a friend here in Haughton that is a photographer friend of mine. I would love to give her your blog. Do you mind? I really think she would enjoy it as well.
ericka

GetSoiled said...

Oh my, you are in trouble Chris! How will you ever be able to say "no" to such eyes? She is absolutely adorable (and this is coming from someone who is not into kids at all, so it is worth double!)...the light, the expression, the Mona Lisa smile...I could think of nothing that would make this photo better than it is.

Chris said...

Thank you very much for the wonderful words!