Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 1, 2009 – Mischievous!

1/250f2.2ISO 160050mmRAW

Same time &mdash same place, and the result is the next black and white photo of my kids. Everything I said in the previous post applies here, too.

This is my youngest child (only 4-years-old), and she really moved around. I kept shooting through it all, hoping that I would get a good one. And get a good one I did. I just love her expression! When you look at this, don't you wonder what she is thinking?

One thing I did while shooting her photo is I kept talking with her. I asked her questions about the doll she was playing with, how pre-school went for her that day, and what she wanted to eat for dinner. It helped her to keep looking back at the camera.

The only thing I wish would have been better was the focus point. Because of her constant movement, the focus point wasn't her closest eye, but instead seemed to be somewhere closer to her leading shoulder. In a web shot like this, it is not so noticeable. But we want to make an 8x10 of this for the wall and the soft-focus might be too much for a print that size.

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Love the shot.

Nix said...

Love the pictures of your children :o) Black and white is so great for those kinds of pictures.
My 6 year old is quite "wiggily" so I'll have to try your tips for getting her to quit moving around so much.

Chris said...

Thank you both for your comments!

GetSoiled said...

Your kids are going to be SO thankful for you taking the time to photograph them!

I remember my mom chasing me around with her camera and I hated it every single time...but now I am so thankful because I have amazing B&W photos of my childhood...so there, they will LOVE you for those gorgeous shots you took of them, mark my words :)