Friday, October 30, 2009

October 22, 2009 - Intense sunrise photo


1/100f5.6ISO 80018mmRAW

Thank goodness for being prepared. I have been bringing my camera bag to work everyday since I started this 365 project. This morning it really paid off. This sunrise was happening when I got to my desk.

This photo is actually a photo-merge of two different versions of the same shot. I got the technique from the Photoshop Elements book I told you about back on October 7. I first processed the photo to give great sunset colors and saved it. I then reopened the original, proccessed it foe sunset, and merged the two.


1/125f5.6ISO 80032mmRAW

And this photo is what I saw when I turned around. This is a great example of turning around and looking at things differently. You may be missing a great photo just because it isn't what you originally envisioned.

I wasn't sure what photo I liked more, so I put them both in. What do you think?

2 comments:

Mollysnoot said...

Two great pictures. I've started bringing my camera with me to work as well sometimes - you just never know when a good photo opportunity may arise.

I had a quick question about the photo-merge technique you've used here: I've been playing around with a similar method (opening the same image more than once in ACR so you end up with two versions of the same shot in Elements) and I'd be interested to know how you blended the two together... Multiply, maybe overlay? Perhaps one layer has less opacity; perhaps you masked some of the image (maybe the buildings)?

I appreciate that there's no 'one way' to do this, but would be interested to hear how you achieved it for this picture.

All the best

Chris said...

I used a technique from "The Photoshop Elements 6 Book For Digital Photographers." It was fairly simple instructions. I will have to make a post on how I did it when I get home tonight.