Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 14, 2009 - Turning over a new leaf

1/5000f4ISO 100200mmRAW

Alright, I confess. I have given up on trying to get caught up on my photos. Not only that, but I'll also admit I have missed a few days in the past three weeks (working too hard can do that to you — start missing things that are important to you).

So today I am turning over a new leaf (snicker), and promise to do better.

With today's photo I tried to capture some of the beauty that can be seen when you let the sunlight shine through some of your subjects. Thanks to a little Curves adjustment in Photoshop Elements, I was really able to bring out the vivid color in both the sky and the leaves in this shot.

I really like how I zoomed in with a long telephoto lens to isolate this small clump of leaves and almost remove everything else from the shot. I also used a shallow aperture to make the other leaves on the right out of focus.

This is what can happen when you take your camera out and play around with shots. Sometimes the best ones are those you don't plan. But once they happen, remembering them will make you a better photographer.

No comments: