Monday, October 8, 2007

Photo Tip: Don't be afraid to take a lot of shots

With today's digital cameras it is easy to take a lot of photos. And I mean a lot of photos! And that is what today's tip is all about.

Don't be afraid to take a lot of shots. Whether you are having some friends pose for a picture, or you are trying to capture a candid moment, take several pictures. In fact, I would say the more candid the situation, the more shots you should get.

When you are done, don't worry about keeping them all. Just choose the best one or two and discard the rest.

Let me show you what I mean. In yesterday's photo tip I showed a photo taken at the park. I love the photo. It really captured my daughter's smile and fun-loving personality. What I didn't show you is how many attempts I took at capturing that one shot. In this instance there were 12:

When I got home I looked through them all, found the one that really stood out from the rest, and moved it into a special folder on my hard drive of the best photos of my daughter. And just because I love her so much, here it is again!

No comments: